Country Kids, originally hosted by Fiona at Coombe Mill, is all about sharing outdoor family fun. It was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog back in 2014, and has helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my children and create happy memories. I hope that you will join me in sharing your outdoor adventures and find inspiration here for new ones.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 21/03/20
This last week has seen a huge shift with regards to the response to the coronavirus pandemic with schools closing for the foreseeable future along with museums, tourist attractions, restaurants and many other places and social distancing and isolation coming into place as we move into lockdown. Social distancing doesn’t have to mean staying indoors though and many outdoor spaces, including those owned by the National Trust, are waiving fees to allow families to get out and about for walks, while maintaining their distance from others.
Country Kids will continue to run weekly at present for you to share posts and ideas for continuing to enjoy the outdoors as a family during the coronavirus pandemic (plus any posts on outdoor adventures from the last couple of months). If you’re looking for some inspiration on ways to keep having outdoor fun during this time, I’ve shared a post this week with 50 ideas for fun in the garden with kids.
Stay safe everyone, and I hope you can continue to join me with sharing ideas for enjoying the outdoors over the coming weeks.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
Thank you to everyone who joined in last time and for the comments you took time to leave. We had another week with everyone sharing the blog love. Thank you for helping to keep Country Kids a supportive community.
Please note that I count comments on a Thursday afternoon and will occasionally tweet out a reminder about this. Please do make sure to come back and comment on posts before then so I can make sure I count yours!
I loved reading about Four Acorns’ day at Heywood Gardens. What a beautiful place to explore.
Country Kids Communities
My favourite post from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona is continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from last week are as follows:
View this post on Instagram
Lovely to see all the outdoor activities going on in these strange times. Keep it up in safe open space for mind and body. #countrykidsfun featured images week 179 with thanks thanks to @welshmum @four_acorns @gilssonion37 and @becoming_a_mum_made_me Thank you for all the lovely tags. We have now passed 16,300 in the collection. That’s a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #adventureisouthere #autumncolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventuretime #sun #familyfun #childsplay #nature #woodland #spring
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.