Welcome to Country Kids. A huge thank you to Fiona at Coombe Mill for running this linky for the last seven years. Country Kids was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago. It helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. It is an honour to be taking over hosting along with Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild. Helena will be co-hosting with me initially with Lucy hopefully joining us later on.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 04/08/18
It’s been a busy week for me with the arrival of baby Thomas. We’ve mostly stayed indoors enjoying the newborn bubble but Sophie and I enjoyed some simple outdoor fun with bubbles in the garden the day before Thomas’s arrival. It is the little moments like this that often bring the most pleasure.I love the joy in her face in this photo.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
- Keitha from Keitha’s Chaos with 14 comments
- Joy from Pink Oddy and Sonia from Mummy Constant with 12 comments
- Elaine from Fun as a Gran with 11 comments
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave.
Fiona’s favourite posts from last week are as follows:
- Fun as a Gran enjoying some park fun and rock painting with her grandchildren.
- Herne Hill Mum enjoying exploring London by bicycle in the RideLondon FreeCycle event.
The final Rockfish welly winner is…
I’d also like to say a huge thank you to Rockfish for having sponsored CountryKids over the years. The July winner of the Rockfish wellies is Laura from Autumn’s Mummy with her post about about a day out at Drusillas Park Children’s Zoo. Laura, please email me (louise @ littleheartsbiglove.co.uk) your choice of wellies from the Rockfish range including size and colour as shown in stock.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona will be continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from this week are as follows:
#countrykidsfun featured images week 89 with thanks to @jaymieshalane @southeastnt @bubblegummouse @jos_pictures Thank you for all the lovely tags this week. We have now passed 10,660 in the collection. That’s a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures this week hosted by @littleheartsbiglove . Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #summersolstice #happiness #countryside #lake #countryliving #surf #surflesson #plane #woodland #steppingstones
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.