When I first started this blog just under a year ago, I never realised just how much blogging would take over my life. Here are ten things that are now true for me as a parent blogger:
1) You go on a day out and spend the whole day mentally reviewing it in your head ready for the blog post about it.
2) If your child gets stuck in an awkward position whilst playing, you take a photo for the blog before you free them (unless of course they’re actually in immediate danger!)
3) You have active profiles on every social media site known to man.
4) You often intend to have an early night but somehow end up staying up far too late writing posts, reading blogs, commenting and interacting on social media.
5) Your ranking on the Tots100 charts can make or break your day
6) Every time you write a post, you already know which linkys you’re going to join it up with and being first to link up on a popular one makes you want to do a happy dance.
7) You know you really need to get on with the housework but the laptop is calling you…
8) You know more about the lives of your fellow bloggers than you do about some of your real-life friends.
9) Your children have to wait for you to take photos from various angles before they get to play with the new toy that’s just arrived in the post.
10) Going somewhere where there is no Wi-Fi makes you break out in a cold sweat
How many of these can you identify with? Are there any others you would add to the list?