Paper plates are a key item in our craft box. They are so useful as a paint palette whenever Jessica is doing painting or as the basis of a craft project. This week we’ve been making a paper plate aquarium.
You will need:
- A blue paper plate (we used a white one that we had painted blue)
- Puffed rice cereal
- Fish shapes cut from coloured card
- Green tissue paper strips
- PVA glue
- Marker pen
1) Spread glue across the bottom half of the plate.
2) Sprinkle puffed rice cereal all over the glue and shake off the excess.
3) Glue on some fish shapes. Draw eyes and mouths on the fish shapes with a marker pen.
4) Add some green tissue paper strips for seaweed. Jessica enjoyed scrunching up the tissue paper and having little seaweed balls too.
She was really pleased with her aquarium. It was such a nice simple pre-school craft activity. I’ll be giving it a try again this week when I run the craft session at toddler group.