At the start of the summer, we put together a list of activities that we were hoping to do. Some of them were simple things, others were big challenges. Did we manage to do them all? Here’s how we got on:
Activities we completed:
- Travel from Lands End to John O’Groats.
- Play board games together as a family.
- Get the paddling pool out.
- Do some drawing.
- Go to the beach.
- Footprint painting in the garden.
- Visit Langley Park.
- Have a picnic.
- Visit Chiltern Open Air Museum.
- Having a film night as a family.
- Go for a fairy tale walk.
- Watch the sunset.
- Find a trail to follow.
- Read three new books together.
- Visit Bekonscot model village.
- Have bubbles in the garden.
- See some fairies.
- Bake cakes.
It certainly feels like it was a full summer – lots of days of getting out and about, exploring various places and having adventures; lazy days at home enjoying the sunshine in the garden and managing to complete our big family challenge. There have been a lot of extra activities that weren’t on the original list – days out at Cliveden, CBeebies Land and the Black Country Living Museum and going crafts together at home. We’ve made a lot of happy memories to look back on and have had a wonderful time.
Activities we didn’t complete:
- Grow sunflowers
I tried so hard in the weeks leading up to the summer holidays to grow some sunflowers. I must have planted at least a dozen but only one seemed to thrive – until it was picked by the girls and that was that. Maybe I’ll have better luck next year.
Did you have a summer activities list? Did you manage to do everything you hoped to do over the summer?