With all the rain this week, we’ve been spending a lot of time indoors doing crafts together. Our theme for the week has been “mini-beasts” and we’ve been creating ladybirds and butterflies out of paper plates, spiders and caterpillars from egg boxes and pipe cleaners and various mini-beasts out of the foam shapes that came with the latest issue of the CBeebies Art magazine. Jessica is at her happiest when “doing some making” and it is lovely to see Sophie being able to join in more and more with this too.
We also got creative and messy at the Innocent fruit and veg fest event that we were invited to earlier this week and the girls enjoyed paint printing with pieces of potato, carrot, broccoli and sweetcorn and creating funny faces out of raw veg. The painting was very, very messy and I was quite glad that I had packed a couple of coverall bibs in the change bag!
Things I have loved this week:
- Spending a sunny afternoon at Grandma and Grandad’s house and watching the girls having fun in their lovely big garden.
- Watching the girls having fun with fruit and veg and getting to catch up with some lovely blogging friends at the #InnocentFiveADay Fruit and Veg fest.
- Going out for a meal with friends for hubby’s birthday.
- My post “This is the man…” being picked as a Tuesday Twinkler by Mummascribbles for her Twinkly Tuesday linky.
- Sharing a guest post with Run, Jump, Scrap as part of the “What’s Right for You” feature.
- Playing cars and trains on the floor having got our VTech Toot Toot Train and Garage set out for the first time in ages.
- Being back at Tinytalk toddler signing classes and seeing how happy the girls were to be back.
- Having a funny competition with the girls to see who could do the loudest dinosaur roar – think we failed on the scary front though as even my loudest attempt just made the girls giggle!