It’s been one of those weeks. One of those challenging weeks that have just left me feeling quite frazzled. Sophie deciding to stop breastfeeding last week has also led to her being rather reluctant to nap at all in the day (it was the one trick I had to get her off to sleep!) which makes her somewhat grumpy by late afternoon, and despite it all, she has still been fighting sleep at bedtime. Jessica has been tired this week too and whilst the girls are mostly lovely together, the tiredness has resulted in a lot more fighting between them. And to top it all, hubby has been working crazy hours this week meaning he has barely been home at all, and he is also away all of next week working on an event in Paris.
Despite knowing that next week I’ll be flying solo again, I’m looking forward to half-term. I’m hoping it will help take the edge of the tiredness that we are all feeling and I’m looking forward to celebrating Sophie’s second birthday (whilst also feeling a little sad that my baby girl is growing up so quickly). And I’m also looking forward to the fact that things should settle down a little for hubby after next week and hopefully we can spend some more time together as a family.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having a family day out together and going to Apple Day at a local farm.
- Going out for a Chinese meal to celebrate my father-in-law’s birthday.
- Going for an autumn walk to collect some pretty coloured leaves which we then made into an autumn leaf wreath.
- My post reflecting on my feelings at the end of our breastfeeding journey being published on Netmums.
- Having my blog post reflecting on the little moments that I will miss one day being picked by Maybe Baby Brothers as her favourite post of the week.
- Seeing Jessica and Sophie dressed up as cats for the Halloween-themed Tinytalk class.