My girls love putting on shows with their toys. When this month’s monster-themed #BostikBlogger craft box arrived, I knew just what we could make with the contents. These simple monster puppets are such a fun and easy craft and are brilliant for putting on a show and playing make-believe with. My girls loved making them, with just a little help from me with the cutting and gluing. Here’s how you can make them too:
You will need:
- Glue (we used a Bostik Fine and Wide Glu Pen)
- Craft sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Foam hands and feet
1) Fold the felt in half and cut out the shape for your monster puppet. We used some precut felt shapes for our monster puppets with the two symmetrical shapes still partly joined.
2) Spread glue across the surface of both pieces of felt. Put a craft stick in the middle of one piece and stick a piece of pipe cleaner across the top of the craft stick to make the monsters arms. You can use more than one pipe cleaner if you want your monster to have more than one pair of arms.
3) Press the two pieces of felt together so that the craft stick and middle piece of the pipe cleaners are glued inside.
4) Decorate the monster with googly eyes, feathers and foam hands and feet. You could also add foam shapes or small pompoms to decorate.
5) Leave to dry. Once dry, the monster puppet is ready to play with.
Sophie went for lots of eyes on her monster puppets whereas Jessica preferred carefully placing feathers and hands and feet on hers. It’s interesting to see their different approaches when it comes to crafting. They both enjoyed making them though and the puppets are great for a little imaginative play.
We were sent a box of Bostik craft materials as part of being a Tots100 #BostikBlogger