I can’t quite believe we’re halfway through October already. Half-term is nearly here and I think my girls are certainly ready for it. The bickering seems to be on the increase at the moment and I’m blaming it on tiredness. Thankfully most of the time they are good together though. When they’re lovely together it’s wonderful to see. I love the way they sit and and play together, the way they are now equal partners in play. I love the way they look out for each other. If one is hurt or upset, the other is straight over to comfort them (unless of course they’re the reason for the upset, in which case it’s usually a cry of “I didn’t mean to! It was an accident!”)
I’m aware of how quickly October is going by as we wait to get the new date for Jessica’s surgery. I’m expecting to hear from the hospital any day now and as it all starts becoming very real again, I can feel my anxiety levels rise. It makes those lovely sibling moments feel very precious. This time next month could well see us in hospital again on the other side of Jessica’s surgery. It’s a very uncertain time for hubby and myself although the girls are taking it all in their stride.
Jessica (6 years 1 month)
- Has lost her first two baby teeth and was very excited about having visits from the tooth fairy.
- Is starting to show an interest in learning to play the piano “with music like Mummy” and enjoyed her first piano lesson.
- Had another small weight gain when the community nurse visited for a check-up. Lack of weight gain has been a cause for concern this year so to have a couple of gains recently is very reassuring.
- Enjoyed having some Mummy-Jessica time and going to Black Park for the afternoon while Grandma looked after Sophie.
- Has been getting more tired in her ballet class and sitting out towards the end. She still enjoys going to the class though even if she doesn’t always manage to get through it all.
Sophie (3 years 11 months)
- Was very chuffed to come home with the Baby Ballet class cup one week for trying so hard in her ballet class.
- Had fun dressing up at preschool for two Pirates and Princesses days.
- Has been enjoying doing some autumn crafts at home with Mummy while Jessica is at school.
- Loved having Nanny stay with us, especially when Nanny sang all her favourite songs at bedtime. We now have to sing “I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly” most nights!
- Has been having fun helping Mummy to find geocaches when out and about.
I’m a finalist in this year’s BiBs awards in the Inspire category. If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider voting for me. You can vote for me here.