My little duo have been enjoying lots of days out over the last month and it is lovely to watch them wandering along together, hand in hand. They are adorable together – Jessica leading the way and Sophie often happy to be led, until something catches her eye and then she is off in a different direction. Now that she is quite quick on her feet, this can make days out somewhat challenging when I’m on my own with the two of them!
This month sees the end of Jessica’s first year at preschool and I have been so proud seeing how my big girl has flourished since her first day back in January. The best part has been seeing her making friends – her two best friends H and E started around the same time and they are such a lovely little trio together. I feel slightly sad knowing that this will all change after the summer, with H starting at infant school in September as Jessica and E go back to preschool for another year – the little trio will never quite be together in the same way again. Sophie loves spending time with her big sister’s friends too and idolises E – sometimes looking out for E first when we go to pick Jessica up from preschool!
Jessica (3 years 10 months)
- Had an eye appointment and the team are happy that her vision is progressing and her squint still flicks from one eye to the other – she may need surgery on this at some stage, but the plan is to continue to monitor at present.
- Has loved spending time with her two best friends H and E and it is lovely to see the three of them walking along together holding hands.
- Had her first ever sports day and despite crossing the line a long way behind her friends, beamed at me proudly and said “Look Mummy! I’m the winner!” Yes, you are my darling.
- The end of last month saw the four year anniversary of Jessica’s very first op whilst she was still in the womb – a miracle that we will forever be thankful for. It is wonderful to see how far she has come from the bleak diagnosis we had before that surgery.
- Loves to sing and make up songs – one rendition on “The Wheels on the Bus” at dinnertime recently included the verses “The Mummies on the bus are being a pickle”, “The Daddies on the bus go work, work, work”, “The Sophies on the bus are eating their dinner” and “The Jessicas on the bus are singing this song”.
Sophie (1 year 8 months)
- One of her favourite new words is “delicious” – or “a-lish-oo” as she says it and it is adorable to see her eating or drinking and stopping between mouthfuls to say “mmm, a-lish-oo!”
- Is currently going through a very, very loving phase – and will run over to me quite often throughout the day to give me the biggest bear hug and kiss and say “I love you too Mummy!” Her first words in the morning are “I love you Mummy” closely followed by “I love you too Jess-sha” – can this phase last forever please?
- Was very excited to see Igglepiggle, Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka at In the Night Garden Live and enjoyed dancing along to some of the character’s songs.
- Seems to think that bedtime is a better time for doing laps of the cot, cot gymnastic, giving Mummy the most gorgeous cheeky grins and singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to herself than for going to sleep. Thankfully she tends to sleep reasonably well once she does give in to it!
- Is starting to mimic some of Mummy’s sayings which makes me laugh – especially when she says “because I said so!” in response to Jessica saying “why?”
I’m looking forward to the summer ahead and being able to enjoy spending time with both my beautiful girls – we have a family holiday to look forward to and no doubt there will be plenty of days spent out and about exploring our local area too.
This month’s photos come from one of our many days out at Legoland – we have been making the most of being able to use Jessica’s preschool pass while it was still term-time although we will now have to wait until September to be able to use it again.