Early mornings are one of my favourite times with the girls. Sophie usually wakes up first and comes into our bed for snuggles until Jessica then wakes up. Once both of them are awake, the first thing they want to do is give each other a big cuddle and kiss which makes my heart melt every time. Preschool pick-up time is also wonderful. As soon as she sees Jessica, Sophie is full of excitement, squealing out “Jess-ita!” and rushing over to give her sister a big cuddle as though she hasn’t seen her for days rather than just a couple of hours! I’m sure these little girls of mine are getting more and more loving with each other as they get bigger. Of course, like any siblings they do fight as well (usually within ten minutes of getting downstairs in the morning when they decide they both want the same toy!) but the strong bond between them is so clear.
Jessica (4 years 4 months)
- Made me very proud with her singing in her preschool Christmas concert – it was wonderful to see how much more confident she was compared to the Easter concert.
- Is loving being back at preschool again after the Christmas break.
- Has started getting up in the night and taking herself to the toilet making Mummy finally brave enough to ditch night-time pull-ups – so far, so good!
- Loves drawing and always presents me with several pictures at preschool pick-up time before asking to draw more pictures at home!
- Has been learning how to read a clock – mainly because she knows that she’s only allowed to watch TV after the little hand is on the 4 and the big hand is on the 12!
- Came in for snuggles in my bed at 11pm one night and decided that it was a good time to chatter away to Mummy about everything that was on her mind. Whilst part of me just wanted her to settle down and go to sleep, I quite enjoyed lying there in the semi-darkness, watching her animated little face as she chatted away. Plus I discovered that the reason why she didn’t want to sleep in her bed was because I changed the duvet cover – since putting the Peppa Pig one back on, she’s been a little more inclined to sleep in her own bed!
Sophie (2 years 2 months)
- No longer calls her sister “Jess-sha” which makes me feel slightly sad as it was so adorable. Whilst she manages occasionally to say “Jessica”, it still mostly comes out as “Jessi-ta” which still sounds very cute.
- Managed her first long(ish) walk without us taking the buggy as back-up, exploring a trail at Denham Country Park.
- Loved seeing her cousins over the Christmas holidays – it was so funny watching her chase one of her older cousins round and round the room at my sister’s Boxing Day party (long after both should have been in bed!) and hearing the shrieks of laughter from both.
- Was very excited at being back at Tiny Talk toddler signing classes after the Christmas break and to watch her spinning around with delight was magical.
- Is so polite – I love the way she always answers “yes peese” whenever asked if she would like to have or do something, provided that it’s something she wants of course, otherwise the answer tends to be “I don’t loik de [whatever it is!]”
- Likes to demand “a tiss” and “a tuddle” from Mummy about a dozen times a day.