From the mouths of babes is a linky all about sharing the things that children say. Whether it’s those adorable mispronounced words, glimpses into their imaginations or just the blunt observations that children make, I’d love to hear about them.
The linky runs monthly, opening on the 1st day of the month and staying open until 21st, so there is plenty of time to link up!
Guidelines for joining in:
- You can link up to three posts per month. Old and new posts are welcome.
- Posts should include a quote or observation on something a child has said.
- Please add the badge below to your posts so that others know where to link up if they wish to join in.
- I will comment on linked posts and tweet them out. If you use the hashtag #ftmob I’ll also do my best to retweet them.
- Posts linked up will also be added to the #ftmob Pinterest board.
Sophie says… December 2018
Here are some of the things Sophie has been saying recently:
Sir-ticker-foot = certificate
Sophie on babies
S: “When I grow up, I’m going to have four babies. One will be called Flower and another will be called Sparkle. One will be called Twinkle and… shall I call the other one Jessica?”
Me: “That would be lovely.”
S: “Yes, Jessica. Because we all miss Jessica and if I have a baby called Jessica it will make you happy again. The first Jessica died but I could have another Jessica just like her and we could have a Jessica again.”
Sophie on Jessica
S: [looking at my necklace] “I know what this says. It says Jessica!” [turning it over] “What does this say?”
Me: “Now she flies with butterflies.”
S: “Do butterflies fly under the ground?”
Sophie on her sparkly shoes
“These are my hoe-lay shoes. They’re called hoe-lay shoes because I dance in them like this…” [tap dances around hallway] “…and then go hoe-lay!” [strikes flamenco pose – ¡olé!]
Looking forward to reading what your little ones have been saying!