Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago. It helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. It is an honour to be taking over hosting Country Kids from Fiona at Coombe Mill who has hosted it for the last seven years, along with my co-hosts Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 01/12/18
Over the last few months Sophie has been going to Halo, a group for bereaved children. One of the things the group does is to arrange activities to help create happy memories for the children. At last month’s group, the children had the opportunity to ride ponies. Sophie loved her first pony ride.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenter is Mary from Over 40 and a Mum to One with 5 comments.
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave. We had another week where everyone shared the blog love. Thank you for making Country Kids such a supportive community.
I loved Fun as a Gran’s post sharing some simple autumn fun on a walk around the fishery.
Helena enjoyed Over 40 and a Mum to One’s post about exploring Newark Park.
Lucy picked Herne Hill Mum’s post about their trip to Scotland and climbing their first Corbett.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona is continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from this week are as follows:
View this post on Instagram
#countrykidsfun featured images week 113 with thanks to @stickymudandbellylaughs @four_acorns @kikimora_magazine and @my.yorkshire.world . Thank you for all the lovely tags this week. We have now passed 11,900 in the collection. That's a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove @kidsofthewild_ and Queen of Collage. Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #autumn #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #woodland #adventureisouthere #autunncolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventureisouthere #adventuretime #sunset #together #siblings
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.