We’ve had a few firsts this week, starting with one I could have done without: Thomas’s first trip to A&E. Sophie was a little over-enthusiastic with her love when playing with him at the end of Girls’ Brigade and discovered that his arms don’t like to bend right behind his back, resulting in a rather alarming pop. It turned out to be a pulled elbow but as Thomas seemed to have sorted it out himself and was able to move his arm freely, we were just given some advice and headed back home again rather quickly.
Hubby was working on an event so I was very thankful to my friend who came to A&E with us. As you can imagine, we have quite traumatic memories when it comes to going to A&E although the department has moved into a new building since our last trip there which made it a little easier to cope with.
The next first was a much nicer one – Sophie’s first sponsored walk. We all took part in a 5km sponsored walk in aid of Halo Children’s Foundation, who help support bereaved children. Sophie enjoyed doing five laps of the park and getting her medal at the end. She did very well and made me proud.
We also gave Sophie her first piano lesson this week. She’s using the same piano course that I used to learn to play the piano, and the one that I used for Jessica too. She quite likes using an app on the iPad to help her learn to play too. It’s a fun way of helping her learn but I prefer the old-fashioned way of teaching her.
Sophie’s social calendar is quite a busy one at the moment! She had another friend’s birthday party at the weekend which ended up being the first time for me dropping off a child at a birthday party and not staying. I never did it with Jessica. She always found birthday parties quite overwhelming and wanted me to stay. Sophie is very different from her sister in that respect. She is very self-confident and was quite happy to be with her friends without me there.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Sophie getting her platinum Reading Raccoon certificate for reading 150 books.
- A visit from my mum and twin sister.
- Watching Sophie have fun on the rides at the Denham Village Fayre.
- Hunting for fairies in the Temple Gardens at Langley Park.
- Watching Sophie have fun with her school friends in the park.
- Listening to Thomas laughing when he and Sophie are playing together.
- A morning exploring the gardens at Frogmore House.
- Sophie making flowers for her friends out of petals and pebbles.