I’ve been feeling a little low this week and finding myself getting a bit discouraged over things. My energy levels have been low and I’m not sure whether it’s more due to a few disturbed nights, or tiredness caused by getting my first Covid vaccine at the weekend or a bit of both.
Thankfully I seem to have got off lightly on the side effects front. Just had a bit of a sore arm for a couple of days along with tiredness, which may not have been as a result of the vaccine anyway.
Hubby has been working long hours this week and has been away for a couple of days and I’ve been juggling a few too many balls for my liking. We’ve got a fairly quiet weekend planned so hopefully I’ll get time to recharge my batteries again.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 113 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoys reading bedtime stories to Thomas.
- Day 114 – I am grateful to have had my first vaccine.
- Day 115 – I am grateful that Susie, my favourite doll when I was a little girl, is now being loved and looked after by Sophie.
- Day 116 – I am grateful that Sophie has still been able to enjoy Girls’ Brigade at home and earn badges for doing so throughout this last year.
- Day 117 – I am grateful that some of the flowers we received a couple of weeks ago remembering Jessica on the anniversary of her death are still looking beautiful and so I was able to share some more of them with her today along with some forget-me-nots from the garden.
- Day 118 – I am grateful for blossom – or “tree daisies” as Thomas calls it.
- Day 119 – I am grateful that Thomas was much more confident about joining in at Tiny Talk this week.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Spending an afternoon visiting friends and enjoying the sunshine in their garden.
- Thomas stopping midway through a walk to ask “hug and kiss me?”