We’ve been quite sociable this week. It’s been good to catch up with friends and family members. Sophie has particularly enjoyed spending time with her cousins. I’ve been very grateful for family this week and the love that holds us all together, especially at times like this.
It’s the little things, like being able to go out with a friend for coffee, or being able to hug close family members, that I’ve missed most. We’re still being cautious but it is so nice to be able to enjoy some of those things again.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 141 – I am grateful for “wishing flowers” as Sophie calls dandelion clocks.
- Day 142 – I am grateful to Eurovision for making me cry with laughter and reminding me that today might have been stressful but at least I’m not dressed as a middle finger.
- Day 143 – I am grateful that Sophie had so much fun riding a vintage tricycle at the museum.
- Day 144 – I am grateful for catching up with a friend over coffee for the first time in over a year while watching Thomas having fun in the soft play.
- Day 145 – I am grateful for fridge magnets – for all the memories that they remind me of and the joy all of my children have had from playing with them.
- Day 146 – I am grateful for a productive day helped by a well-timed nap.
- Day 147 – I am grateful for cousins.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Thomas’s joy when the bubbles came out at Tiny Talk.
- The way that Sophie and Thomas love to give each other lots of cuddles at bedtime.
- Going for a preschool visit with Thomas. He enjoyed being able to run around their garden and it was lovely to see they still have the garden area that was created in memory of Jessica.