I’m starting to feel more organised and on top of things again after feeling fairly overwhelmed by the to-do list over the last few months. I’ve been managing to do some decluttering around the house and it’s beginning to look a lot more tidy than it has been, which has also helped ease the overwhelm. I’m trying to keep more on top of things and get sorted out ready for moving Thomas into his own room later this year.
Sophie was off yesterday due to the teacher’s strike although Thomas was at school, so we had some Mummy-Sophie time which was nice. Thursday is usually my busy day, but I’d managed to be organised and get work done ahead of time so we were able to have a nice chunk of time doing some crafts together.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 111 – I am grateful for a quiet moment to have a cuppa after dropping Sophie off at Girls’ Brigade. I used to do this regularly when she and Jessica were at GB and for a moment I let myself imagine that I was back there waiting while both my girls were doing an activity they loved.
- Day 112 – I am grateful for dandelions and making yummy dandelion and lemon biscuits.
- Day 113 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed doing some spinning art with Daddy.
- Day 114 – I am grateful that Sophie is fully back to dancing again after hurting her knee last week.
- Day 115 – I am grateful for a relaxing afternoon enjoying lunch with a friend at Black Park.
- Day 116 – I am grateful that Sheepie and Lion helped keep Thomas entertained for a few minutes while we waited for Sophie’s dance class to finish.
- Day 117 – I am grateful that Thomas had “a brilliant day” at school. So good to hear some positive feedback from his teacher.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Seeing a baby robin who keeps appearing on the recycling boxes by my front door. I’m amazed at how close it has let me get while it just stays there looking at me and chirruping away before eventually flying off.