It’s been good to have time to enjoy things this week. Sophie went on a Girls’ Brigade sleepover for the first time last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed herself. It was quite strange not having her around but it was nice too to have some one-to-one time with Thomas.
Sophie also got some one-to-one time with me after the bank holiday weekend as she was off school again with the strike while Thomas was in school. We had a fun morning at Langley Park taking photos of toys for her home learning.
Things continue to feel more organised for me at the moment and it’s been good to have time to focus on the jobs that need doing around the house. I’m gradually chipping away at things that need to be done.
We’ve also had another reminder this week of the passing of time with it being 12 years since the day we found out about Jessica’s special heart. I’ll never forget the rollercoaster of emotion of that day and how scary and uncertain the future suddenly became. We had no idea whether we’d even have a day with Jessica and I’ll always be so very thankful for the six and a half beautiful years we did get to have with her. I’ll always wish that we could have had more time with our beautiful brave girl, but what we did have gave us so much joy and I’m grateful for the beautiful memories that Jessica left behind.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 118 – I am grateful that Thomas got a Wow of the Week for “writing amazing sentences in literacy.” Well done Thomas!
- Day 119 – I am grateful for enjoying a sunny afternoon out with Thomas while Sophie is at her Girls’ Brigade sleepover weekend.
- Day 120 – I am grateful that Sophie had a wonderful time at the BB/GB Junior sleepover weekend. Meant a lot that Jessica was included too as she would have also been in Juniors with Sophie. Thank you so much to all the leaders.
- Day 121 – I am grateful that my husband had the patience to build this fabulous UGears marble run with Sophie.
- Day 122 – I am grateful for having fun helping Sophie take photos for one of her home learning tasks.
- Day 123 – I am grateful that Thomas has had so much fun making the colours appear on the aqua doodle mat.
- Day 124 – I am grateful for oven cleaning services.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Thomas taking his toys to the park and asking Sheepie what the house numbers were as we were walking there and when ‘Sheepie’ replied in a high-pitched voice, Thomas would say “well done, Sheepie” or “no, it’s a bit lower than that, Sheepie” or “no, that’s not quite right, Sheepie” if ‘Sheepie’ got it wrong. So cute.
- Making lots of sheep for an all-age service to help illustrate the theme.
- Watching Sophie trying on lots of different dance costumes for a photoshoot at a dance costume warehouse.
- The way Thomas stretched himself out in my bed after I got up!