Over the last few weeks, I have found myself stepping back more from the blogosphere and trying to be offline a little more. As much as I love my blog and being part of the blogging community, there are times when it takes too much of my attention. The run-up to Christmas always feels like a very busy time – the calendar filled with lots of fun things to look forward to, plus an ever-growing to-do list of all the preparations needed before the big day itself. It can be all too easy to start feeling overwhelmed by it all and that is when I need to stop and remind myself what tasks are really important and what I can let go of. There might be many blog posts in my head just waiting to be written down but there are only so many hours in the day and other things need to be my priority right now. That’s not to say that all will be quiet on the blogging front from now until Christmas but it will almost certainly be a little slower.
Things I have loved this week:
- Performing in the concert with my hubby and managing to get through it all despite my voice not quite being in full working order. I did still manage to hit the high notes in The Flower Duet and the top C at the end of One Day More though and thankfully I didn’t suffer too much the next day as a result of pushing it so hard!
- Spending time with my mum who came to stay for a few days and looked after Jessica and Sophie while hubby and I were doing the concert.
- Going on a “puddle hunt” with the girls and watching their excitement at jumping up and down in all the “muddy puddles” they found along the way.
- Having an afternoon playing board games.
- Going to the Christmas craft afternoon at church and making Christmas cards with the girls.
- A lovely introduction to my #coolmumclub: Meet the Members guest post from Mum Muddling Through in which she describes my blog posts as “simple yet moving [and] filled with love”
- Spending an afternoon with one of my close friends from my university days and seeing our four girls enjoying time together.