Our little Peanut has now arrived into the world and we have been blessed with a baby boy. Baby Thomas was born at home late last night, weighing in at 5lb 13oz. He was determined to make an unusual entrance into the world as stayed very firmly breech in spite of all our attempts at moxibustion and a rather brutal (and unsuccessful) ECV at the start of the week.
I’ll share more about Thomas’s birth story later on but as you can imagine we are thrilled that our little bundle of joy has now arrived. Jessica really wanted her new sibling to be a brother and I am sure she will be looking down on him. Sophie woke up to meet her baby brother and has had her first cuddle with him too.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Watching Sophie and her friends having group hugs with each other at Sophie’s preschool leaving party.
- Being sent some yummy cake pops by some friends who just wanted to let us know they are still thinking of us.
- Spending the day with my friend Katy and seeing how much Sophie enjoyed spending time with her godmummy.
- Spotting cinnabar moth caterpillars in the garden.
- Exploring the gardens at Iver Environment Centre with Sophie.
- Watching the butterflies from our butterfly kit after they emerged from their chrysalides and then saying goodbye when we released them in the garden a couple of days later.
- Making blackberry chocolate brownies with the blackberries that Sophie picked from Grandma’s garden.