I’ve had a bit of a break from the blog this week as we’ve been visiting family and then had my friend Gillian visiting us for a few days. We didn’t have the smoothest of starts to our weekend away though. I arrived at “the moon” (Premier Inn) to find that hubby had booked the wrong date and there was no room at the inn. Thankfully I did manage to find a lovely B&B nearby for the first night and another “moon” about 30 minutes away for the second night. We then had a couple of nights staying at Auntie Fizz’s house before heading back home for Godmummy Gillian’s visit.
Things I have loved this week:
- Spending time with my mum and siblings.
- Catching up with one of my school friends.
- Going on the Gruffalo Spotter trail at Alice Holt Forest.
- A day at the beach with my twin sister and our girls.
- Jessica appearing in the Daily Mirror to help raise awareness of congenital heart defects and the fab work Tiny Tickers do with helping to improve early detection.
- Stopping off at the Devil’s Punchbowl and going for a walk there on our way home from visiting my family.
- Following the Reptile Trail at Black Park.
- Spending time with my friend Gillian.
- The beautiful quilt that Gillian’s mum has made for Jessica to take with her into hospital when she has her surgery. We’re still waiting for a date for the surgery.
- Being able to put the washing out on the line.
- Being able to take the girls to the park on their bikes thanks to Godmummy Gillian providing an extra pair of hands.