This week has been quite an eventful one with a dance-filled weekend, plus a preschool day out at Legoland and Sophie’s sports day. Today we have her school summer fayre and then she’s at the dance festival again this weekend for her tap solo. Busy times.
It’s so nice though to be able to enjoy the usual summer term events again. Getting to see Sophie taking part in sports day for the first time since Reception, and a preschool trip to Legoland that brought back memories of similar trips with the girls.
Hubby’s away at the moment working on an event so I’m flying solo again this week although thankfully he was home over the weekend to enjoy some Daddy-Thomas time while Sophie and I were at all her dance activities.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 168 – I am grateful for the paddling pool!
- Day 169 – I am grateful for constructive feedback from Sophie’s two song and dance numbers at today’s festival (always nice to have clear notes on what to work on for next time) and a bronze medal for 3rd place for her and her dance partner in their song and dance duet.
- Day 170 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed doing her first tap exam today.
- Day 171 – I am grateful for the beautiful wildflowers that I pass on my way to the shops.
- Day 172 – I am grateful for a fun preschool day out at Legoland.
- Day 173 – I am grateful for being able to watch Sophie taking part in sports day again.
- Day 174 – I am grateful that I don’t get quite so squashed by small people coming into our bed when hubby’s away!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Seeing Thomas’s preschool graduation photos – although I’m not sure I’m ready for my baby to be about to finish preschool!
- Doing some leaf-printing at Tots Go Wild.
- The lovely crafts Sophie and Thomas made for Fathers’ Day.
- Sitting out in the garden with my laptop and working in the sunshine.