I love looking back at memories on Timehop although it is very bittersweet too. I’m thankful that I captured so many little moments of life with Jessica and Sophie and that there are so many photos and video clips to look back on. Being able to see her little face and hear that sweet voice again is lovely even though it does make my heart ache. Oh how I wish I could step into those photos and videos and relive those moments once more.
This week’s memories have been especially poignant ones. This time last year, we took a lot of photos and video clips because Jessica was going into hospital for her Fontan procedure. I can vividly remember how Jessica gave Sophie a big hug as Sophie was leaving with Nanny. She told Sophie to be brave and to have a lovely sleepover with Nanny and to tell her all about it after her operation. Jessica was so excited about her own “sleepover” at the hospital and the operation held no fear for her. She was just concerned that her little sister would be okay.
After Sophie left, I remember sitting in the bathroom and crying my eyes out because I was so afraid that we might never be all together again. As it turned out, we were reunited the next day because Jessica’s operation was cancelled as the surgeon was ill and PICU was full.
Sophie has been talking a lot about Jessica over the last few days, much more than usual. It is lovely to hear her talk about Jessica, but hard too when she looks so sad and tells me how much she misses her big sister. I wish so much that I could make it better for her. Thomas is good at giving her big smiles though.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Sophie getting a WOW of the week for “being a lovely friend and always smiling all day.”
- Arranging the flowers for church.
- Watching Sophie ride a pony for the first time.
- Big smiles from Thomas – he seems right on the edge of laughing but just can’t get the sound out yet.
- Dancing around the kitchen with Thomas in the sling, trying to lull him to sleep.
- Showing Sophie how to sew using prepunched craft kits.
- Magic painting with Sophie.
- Getting outside for walks with Thomas.
- Making a Jessica angel for my Christmas tree.