I’ve been busy preparing for Christmas over the last week. The to-do list, which seemed huge at the start of the week, is now looking much more manageable. Most of the items have been ticked off – the presents are nearly all wrapped and ready, the cards have all been sent and the girls are counting down the days and getting very excited.
I’m trying to focus on Christmas and not think too much about what lies just beyond it. However, now that the Christmas preparations are mostly complete, I’ve become more aware of the preparations that still need to be made for Jessica’s surgery and hospital stay. We will be going back into hospital the day after Boxing Day. I’m trying to make sure that most of the bags are packed this weekend so I can focus on just enjoying Christmas Day and Boxing Day with my family. I’m hoping that it will be third time lucky for Jessica’s surgery and that all will go smoothly. If you can spare us some thoughts and prayers in amongst your festivities, that would be very much appreciated!
Things I have loved this week:
- Jessica getting her silver Reading Raccoon certificate.
- Staying with friends and having fun at their annual Christmas party.
- Catching up with seven of my siblings in one weekend as we did the pre-Christmas rounds of visiting.
- Discovering new things in one of our local green areas while out on a walk.
- Jessica getting an award of the week for being co-operative.
- Going for a Christmas meal with some local mum friends and making a Christmas table centerpiece.
- Watching the girls having fun raiding the dressing up box.
- Catching up with a friend and her girls and getting to see the Christmas lights at Waddesdon Manor.