I didn’t do my usual Friday Focus post last week because we ended up in hospital for two nights with Thomas due to him having a viral wheeze. Thankfully he’s now recovered and is back to his usual happy self. Being back in hospital was quite tough with all the memories and unanswered questions that have been triggered as a result, but Thomas is fine and that is the most important thing.
Hubby’s been away again this week working on an event. Fortunately he was around while Thomas was in hospital. It would have been quite a challenge to juggle the needs of both Thomas and Sophie without him!
Things that have made me smile over the last couple of weeks
- Going to see the Children in Need gala performance of Mary Poppins and getting to meet the cast afterwards. We had some very surreal moments where people recognised us from sharing our story on Children in Need: Got it Covered.
- Singing through the songs from Oklahoma! at the launch evening. I don’t think Sophie and I will be doing this show, especially as it’s one I’ve done before, but it was lovely to sing through some of the songs and catch up with my WOS friends.
- Having a bit of me time while my mum looked after Thomas to go to the Country Living Christmas Fair. I managed to pick up a few Christmas gifts while I was there.
- Buying Sophie her first pair of tap shoes.
- Going out for breakfast with a friend.
- Watching Sophie performing in a couple of songs at her dance and drama class.
- Getting a glowing report from Sophie’s teacher at parent’s evening. She has also moved up a reading level this week and is now on turquoise books. I’m proud that she is doing well, although it’s been bittersweet too as she’s now moved beyond the reading level that Jessica was at.
- Thomas getting a certificate at Tiny Talk for being able to do ten signs.