After the stress of the run–up to the HR workshop last Saturday, it was a relief to get it over with and to get positive feedback. It might not have gone quite as well as I would have liked but on the plus side, that gives me more to reflect about in the final assignment. There was another moment of relief in the middle of the week when I was called into school because Jessica was unwell – having gone a bit blue and jittery. Thankfully we got to see the GP within minutes of coming home from school. The GP thought that it was due to Jessica having a cold and then running around at school which had caused a momentary drop in her sats. She’s been fine for the rest of the week and while I was reassured by how well the school coped, it was one of those moments that made me realise that our normal isn’t really all that normal sometimes!
Finally, it’s a relief to know that next week is half-term and I’m looking forward to a whole week of having both my girls at home!
Things I have loved this week:
- Time to myself sitting on the train getting to read a book and have a hot cup of coffee!
- Jessica being able to write her name by herself.
- Sharing a guest post with Me Becoming Mum about our experiences of co-sleeping.
- Time to sit down and do some drawing.
- Trying out a BilinguaSing toddler French class with Sophie.
- A lovely autumn walk watching Sophie jumping and throwing leaves and both of us trying to catch them as they fell from the trees.
- Warm snuggly jumpers.
- Doing some autumn leaf crafts.
- Going out for a meal to celebrate my father-in-law’s birthday.