Back to normality this week after the Easter break and the highs of show week. The after-show blues hit Sophie hard on Saturday night after the final show, along with most of the other children in the cast. It is sad when a show comes to an end. It was an amazing show and I enjoyed it so much when I went to see the matinee performance that I came out and booked a ticket for the evening performance too.
Sophie and Thomas have settled into being back at school for the summer term and I’m enjoying having time to catch up on things at home and getting back on top of jobs around the house. Thomas has a new class teacher this term. I think it’s going to be a good change for him. We’ve had some issues with managing behaviour in class this year, but there seems to be more focus now on reinforcing positive behaviour and giving Thomas something positive to focus on, and it was nice to hear some praise when I picked him up after school, even if it was just “good waiting, Thomas.” Plus it’s a teacher who knew Jessica which is always a positive for me.
We haven’t quite got back to normality with the after-school activities this week though as Sophie hurt her knee on Monday. I think she twisted it slightly when rollerblading and so she’s been resting up and having a break from dancing. It’s gradually getting better so hopefully she’ll be able to get back to her normal dance classes next week.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 104 – I am grateful that opening night went well. Looking forward to watching Sophie from the audience instead of the wings tomorrow. Jessica would have been so proud of her little sister. Grateful too for all the love for Jessica and memories shared today.
- Day 105 – I am grateful for seeing Sophie perform in two shows today. So proud of her. Well done to all the cast at Beck Youth Theatre – you were amazing.
- Day 106 – I am grateful for some family time at the park to finish off the Easter break.
- Day 107 – I am grateful for regular backups after my blog site went down and I lost all my content in the process of getting it working again. All working again and content restored, thank goodness!
- Day 108 – I am grateful that Thomas and Sophie are enjoying doing maths workbooks with Daddy.
- Day 109 – I am grateful for pretty flowers.
- Day 110 – I am grateful for blossom and blue skies.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- The lovely feedback I’ve had about Sophie’s performance in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. She was a joy to watch on stage, giving it her all and I was so proud of her.
- Watching Thomas ride his scooter at the park.
- Seeing the professional photos from Sophie’s dance festival.