We’ve been enjoying spending more time outside than we would normally do in January. Taking part in the #1000hoursoutside challenge is such a good incentive. It’s also been helped by having had fairly dry weather this week, which definitely makes it a little easier to get outdoors. It’s not so nice when it’s cold and wet! I’ve even managed to sit outside in the garden with my laptop while Thomas played. Thank goodness for a warm coat, hat and fingerless gloves though!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 14 – I am grateful that Thomas enjoyed his first ‘Tots Go Wild’ session.
- Day 15 – I am grateful for a family film evening.
- Day 16 – I am grateful for a sunny afternoon to get out for a walk together.
- Day 17 – I am grateful for the little robin that was singing away in the garden while Thomas was outside singing to himself as he played in the garden.
- Day 18 – I am grateful for being able to give blood although the combination of a poor night’s sleep along with giving blood did leave me feeling like I’d been hit by the tired truck all afternoon. Note to self: get an earlier night beforehand in future!
- Day 19 – I am grateful for the lovely bond that Sophie and Thomas have with each other and how much it reminds me of the beautiful bond Sophie and Jessica shared.
- Day 20 – I am grateful for Thomas’s love of letters and numbers.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Having some time to go shopping on my own and treating myself to a pair of new shoes.
- Watching Thomas having fun with the mud kitchen.