I’ve been quite preoccupied this week with various things going on that are taking up a fair amount of headspace. Nothing bad, just a couple of curveballs that have come my way this week which I need to think about and process before being able to move forward with them.
While I have needed the thinking time, time switching off my busy mind has also been much-needed too this week. Sitting and crafting has helped, as has going to rehearsals, which have now ramped up a bit as we start getting closer to show week. We’ve had a couple of long Sunday rehearsals now and the show is coming together nicely. I’m really enjoying rehearsing a musical again and it’s so good to have time for myself doing something that I love.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 13 – I am grateful for some time with Jessica. Lovely to see some little green shoots appearing at her forever bed from the bulbs I planted in the autumn.
- Day 14 – I am grateful for snuggles on the sofa.
- Day 15 – I am grateful that this lovely Popsy dress was in the sale and arrived yesterday – it was the perfect print to wear for leading this morning’s service at church.
- Day 16 – I am grateful for activities where I can switch my mind off for a while.
- Day 17 – I am grateful for warm coats, hats, scarves and gloves.
- Day 18 – I am grateful for the beauty of a frosty morning.
- Day 19 – I am grateful that having Mummy joining in with his ballet class meant Thomas was a little more focused.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- One of my church friends bringing Thomas back a ’50 states jigsaw’ from her trip to the US. He loved it although got a bit frustrated because he couldn’t put the states together in alphabetical order!
- Seeing beautiful sunrises and realising that the mornings are starting to get lighter earlier now.