We’ve been having so much fun over the last week with various days out, blog events, time with friends, time spent doing crafts and going out and about, making the most of this lovely sunshine we’ve been having. Isn’t it amazing what a difference the sunshine makes – I’ve definitely felt my mood lift this week (and I wasn’t even aware it needed that lift until it happened!) – and to have been able to enjoy so much quality time with my girls has made for a wonderful week.
Things I have loved this week:
- Being back at Legoland again for the first day of the season and having cupcakes to celebrate its 20th birthday.
- Jessica having a photoshoot at home for Action Medical Research who are funding a piece of research into improving surgery for babies with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- Taking part in the Family Science Challenge at London Canal Museum.
- Introducing the girls to Hungry Hippos for the first time – they loved it and we had so much fun. I never realised just how much you could cheat at Hungry Hippos until I played it with the girls – Jessica was actively feeding her hippos with the marbles at one point and Sophie just kept putting all of hers right back on the board.
- Being able to get the washing out on the line.
- Attending the launch party for Boots Opticians’ book #ZookeeperZoe and seeing how much fun the girls had – especially Jessica, who was fascinated by the snakes and creepy crawlies.
- Getting a pass on my first module for my HR course with some really encouraging feedback on my assignment too.
- My girls’ beautiful new Easter dresses.
- Being featured as one of Odd Socks and Lollipops 8 favourite Instagram accounts – thank you so much!
- Having a lovely walk along the canal in the sunshine.
- Listening to the girls singing along to the CBeebies CD in the car.