We’ve had our last rehearsals for The Sound of Music in the rehearsal hall this week, and Sophie and I are getting very excited for show week next week! We have most of our costumes ready to take to the theatre, although I need to make a few adjustments to a couple of them so they fit better. It’s been so much fun doing this show. Getting back into performing has been good for me and watching Sophie rehearse with her stage ‘siblings’ has been a joy.
Hubby’s been away again this week and will be away most of next week too (although thankfully will be around one evening to see the show!) His mum and aunt have both been around this week to help look after Thomas while Sophie and I are at rehearsals. I’m so thankful for the extra support that I’ve had over the past few months. I’m not always very good at taking up offers of help. Having to commit to rehearsals has made me aware that I do have the support there if I need it though. Another thing that has been good for me. My mum is coming up tomorrow to stay for just over a week and help out with Thomas during show week. Sophie and I are excited about that too – it’s always lovely to have Nanny come and stay.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Baking cheese scones for the Girls’ Brigade coffee morning.
- Having a useable spare room again after decluttering Jessica’s room ready for my mum to come and stay.
- Seeing how caring Sophie and her friends are with Thomas at Sophie’s friend’s birthday party.
- Spotting a ‘fairy toadstool’ (fly agaric fungus) while visiting Jessica at her forever bed. I’ve never seen one before!
- Watching Sophie sitting and drawing pictures at the table. It reminds me so much of Jessica and her love of drawing.
- Going on an autumn nature walk with Sophie and Thomas.
- Crafting with some of the treasures that we collected on our autumn walk.
- Watching Thomas playing peek-a-boo with the coloured scarves at BilinguaSing.