I’ve been feeling somewhat overwhelmed and exhausted this week. Too many balls to juggle, too many nights of not enough sleep despite trying to go to bed early, too many mornings starting well before dawn. A husband who is either away or working such crazy hours that he might as well be away. Overwhelming grief and struggling with the exhaustion of having to endure life without Jessica. And to top it all, my computer has stopped working.
And breathe. There have been occasional moments of sunshine breaking through the clouds. Catching up with family at my great-nephew’s christening at the weekend, for example, although I had a few tough moments with various grief triggers. There are still things to be grateful for, including the somewhat ancient laptop which I’m currently using until my computer is fixed.
The mask is heavy this week. Hopefully things will feel a little more bearable next week.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 253 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed being back at Girls’ Brigade with her friends.
- Day 254 – I am grateful for a lovely lunch with church friends. Thomas enjoyed his ride from church into town on his godmother’s mobility scooter.
- Day 255 – I am grateful for spending time with my family at my gorgeous great-nephew’s christening.
- Day 256 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed being back at her performing arts class.
- Day 257 – I am grateful that the church café has reopened.
- Day 258 – I am grateful for moments of sunshine breaking through the clouds.
- Day 259 – I am grateful for being able to be back at BilinguaSing classes in person again!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Teaching Sophie to count to 20 in German.
- Thomas setting up his little computer next to my laptop.