Sophie has been enjoying spending time with her cousins this week and Thomas got to meet them when Auntie Fizz, Ebony and Erin came to stay for a few days. It was lovely to have them stay but emotional too. The last time they came to stay with us was a few days before Jessica died. She was always so excited about seeing them and used to count the sleeps to their visits. How I missed that excitement from her in the run-up to this visit. We took a trip to GreenAcres the day after they arrived to visit Jessica though.
Sophie had such a wonderful time with her cousins. She insisted on sleeping with Auntie Fizz and Erin each night and we had constant calls for Erin to do things with her throughout the day. Ebony took charge when it came to Thomas. She was happy to change nappies, get him dressed and carry him around in the sling when we went out and about. I suspect that had I not been breastfeeding, I wouldn’t have got any cuddles in myself!
Things that have made me smile this week
- Taking Thomas out in the pram for the first time and having an afternoon catching up with friends.
- Getting the baby swing down from the loft and seeing Sophie enjoying it even more than Thomas does!
- Seeing how much Sophie loves having cuddles with her baby brother and the way he is starting to look at and respond to her.
- Doing a treasure trail around Eton with my sister and nieces.
- Having Thomas snuggled next to me when using the sling.
- Remembering our fun adventure travelling from Land’s End to John O’Groats by train and bus thanks to the photos coming up on Timehop this week. One day we hope to do it again with Thomas.
- Thomas meeting his Great-Auntie Marls for the first time.
- Starting to find out which celebs will be on Strictly this year. I’m particularly looking forward to seeing Dr Ranj. Watching Strictly will be very bittersweet for us this year though. The girls adored it. Jessica even insisted on taking my Strictly DVD into hospital with her when she had her last heart surgery. She and Sophie would always try to copy the dances while watching. I will miss watching them dance together this year.