We’ve had our last rehearsals in the studio this week for ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ – doing run-throughs with costumes and polishing things ready for opening night next Wednesday. I’ve got one quick change in this show but having now practised it a couple of times, I’m reassured that it should be manageable. My character is somewhat eccentric and the costumes definitely reflect that, but she’s so much fun to play and I’m quite excited about show week (if a little nervous too!)
I’ve also had Sophie’s dance costumes to sort out and have ready this week as it’s been a dance festival week for her. Her dances have been spread out over several days this time so dance has been a big focus of our half-term week. It’s been a tough festival and the standard has been very high so no medals so far this time, but Sophie has had good marks and helpful feedback on what to work on. She’s also having a new tap costume made to go with her new tap routine which should hopefully be ready in time for the next festival.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 41 – I am grateful for being able to resume trips to the playground with Thomas while Sophie has her dance class now that the evenings are gradually getting lighter.
- Day 42 – I am grateful for a fun afternoon at the Nets Adventure to start our half-term break.
- Day 43 – I am grateful to be home with my feet up after an intense final Sunday rehearsal doing two run-throughs for The Drowsy Chaperone. 10 days until opening night!
- Day 44 – I am grateful for a fun day of outdoor activities with Sophie and Thomas.
- Day 45 – I am grateful that Sophie has now completed the three foundation levels at swimming and has moved up to Bronze. Well done Sophie!
- Day 46 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed dancing her new tap routine for the first time at a festival. It was a tough section and she was 1 point outside of a medal place but we’ve got helpful feedback and know what to work on for next time!
- Day 47 – I am grateful for a lovely day out in Windsor.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie’s determination to try and catch a fish while river dipping at Denham Country Park.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having fun at soft play.
- Teaching Sophie how to make pancakes. She had great fun flipping them!