This week has been a pretty hectic one. We have our church’s 50th anniversary celebratory weekend coming up and I’ve been busy sorting out publicity, programmes and services and fitting it in around work and all the other things that need doing. In spite of having more time to focus on things with Sophie and Thomas being at school, it’s still felt like I need more hours in the day than I actually have!
Thank goodness hubby and I had booked a spa day with afternoon tea for our anniversary. We had intended to go in July around the time of our wedding anniversary but ended up having to push it back to September for various reasons. Having to have it later worked out well – both of us are in the middle of a busy period and having time to stop and relax was very much needed!
Being back into term-time routines means we’re back to our usual hectic round of after-school activities. Thomas has now started at Sophie’s dance school and is their first boy which is rather lovely. His new black ballet shoes look so tiny next to Sophie’s ones.
Next week is also going to be a busy one with all the last-minute preparations for the anniversary weekend, but hopefully I’ll be able to have some time to relax over the weekend before the busyness starts up again.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 252 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed her first session in Juniors at Girls’ Brigade.
- Day 253 – I am grateful for a lovely relaxing spa day and afternoon tea with my hubby.
- Day 254 – I am grateful that the pianist for our anniversary concert is now back from holiday. Was nice to be able to sing with everyone else instead of playing the piano.
- Day 255 – I am grateful for extra numbers to spot on the way to the playground.
- Day 256 – I am grateful that Susie, my favourite dolly from my childhood, is being loved and snuggled at bedtime once more.
- Day 257 – I am grateful that the roses in my garden are blooming again thanks to the recent rain.
- Day 258 – I am grateful that Thomas now has his own ballet shoes and enjoyed taking part in the prep ballet class this evening.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Having an open afternoon at Sophie’s school and being able to visit her new classroom and see her work.
- Seeing how happy Thomas is going off to school each morning and how well both he and Sophie have settled in at school.