We’ve now settled back into normal routines once again and it’s made a big difference to my patience levels! I loved having the girls home for the holidays but having a little time for myself has been much needed. Those three mornings a week are just what I need to recharge my own batteries and I’m a much calmer Mummy for them!
Being back in a routine again has been good for the girls too. That period of separation each day seems to make them enjoy the time they have together a little bit more. I love how happy they are to see each other when Jessica finishes school and they’ve mostly been playing together very nicely in the afternoons too.
Things I have loved this week:
- Catching up with a friend over coffee.
- Jessica’s excitement about being back at Girls’ Brigade.
- Watching both the girls in their ballet classes and seeing how much more confident they are this term.
- Taking the girls’ toy shopping with Jessica’s birthday money and seeing how much fun they had choosing what to buy. We’ve added to our Playmobil collection as a result.
- An afternoon playing board games as a family.
- Having a tea party with Sophie and her toys.
- Listening to Jessica reading books at bedtime.
- Going for a walk around Burnham Beeches with Sophie and finding fairy holes in the trees and fairy hats (acorn cups) on the ground.