We’ve had a milestone moment with Thomas this week as he’s moved from a cot into a toddler bed. We hadn’t intended to convert the cot to a bed just yet but then Thomas worked out how to climb out and that was that. Getting him to settle down and go to sleep in his new bed has been a challenge at times as getting out and trying to escape into the hallway has become a fun bedtime game (for Thomas at least!)
Once he’s asleep though, he’s been fine. He normally wakes at least once during the night anyway, wanting a cuddle and some mummy milk and ends up in our bed for the rest of the night. At least now he can make his own way there rather than crying and waiting for Mummy to come and get him!
We’ve also had another little milestone this week too with him dropping his afternoon nap. I’ve tried a few times to settle him down for a sleep in the afternoon without success and he’s no longer falling asleep in his dinner if he doesn’t have a nap, so it seems to be the right time for him to drop it.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 8 – I am grateful for hubby converting Thomas’s cot into a toddler bed. Didn’t plan on last night being his last in the cot but then I got woken in the night by him standing next to my bed after he’d managed to climb out (something the girls never did). Fingers crossed he will sleep well tonight in his big boy bed.
- Day 9 – I am grateful for a lovely surprise tin of gingerbread biscuits that came in the post today.
- Day 10 – I am grateful for family time playing games together.
- Day 11 – I am grateful that today felt more organised with juggling home-schooling for Sophie, keeping Thomas entertained and me getting things done. We’re gradually settling into our new routines.
- Day 12 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed being able to join in with Thomas’s Tiny Talk class.
- Day 13 – I am grateful that jigsaws help keep Thomas entertained while Sophie is doing her school work.
- Day 14 – I am grateful for bed guards. This one has been on our bed since Thomas was a baby to stop him falling out when we were co-sleeping. These days it usually stops me falling out of bed when he and Sophie both join us in the night!
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Spotting the first snowdrops appearing locally on one of our walks.
- Being able to add Jessica into a couple of recent photos of Sophie and Thomas thanks to Photoshop.
- Sophie being creative and making a carnival train with the Duplo train base complete with a variety of different floats.