Welcome back to Country Kids. I hope that you are all keeping well. Restrictions and juggling home-schooling have made it a little harder to get our outdoor time in lately. It does make everything feel a little better when we do get outside though, even if it’s only some playtime out in the garden and the opportunity to run around for a while. Our outdoor family adventures might be very limited right now, but it’s still good to be able to get outside. If you’ve managed to enjoy some outdoor time as a family or have shared any ideas for enjoying outdoor time in lockdown, please do come and link up.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for twelve days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 16/01/21
We’re looking forward to joining in with the Big Garden Birdwatch at the end of this month and seeing how many different types of bird we can spot in our garden. Find out more about how you can encourage birds into your garden and join in with the Big Garden Birdwatch in this week’s linked post.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Old and new posts are welcome.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday 16 January and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 28 January.
I enjoyed reading Apocalypse Daddy’s post about how lockdown walks have helped encourage his children’s curiosity and provide natural learning opportunities.
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun in the garden on Instagram, you can follow me here and join in with Country Kids using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Here are my favourites from the last couple of weeks.
View this post on Instagram
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.