Friday 13th is traditionally considered to be unlucky. This time five years ago, it was the worst day of my life – the day when we were told that our unborn baby’s heart defect was so severe that it was highly unlikely surgery would be a feasible option. An appointment where we’d prayed for a glimmer of hope and left feeling utterly devastated, praying for a miracle. We didn’t realise it at the time, but that appointment actually did give us the glimmer of hope we prayed for – an offhand comment about in-utero surgery eventually led to us being offered the procedure which gave us hope for Jessica’s survival. Five years on, as Friday 13th May appears on the calendar once again, I feel incredibly lucky. Lucky to be able to see that beautiful girl of mine as she grows up, to hear her laugh, see her smile and to watch the wonderful bond between her and her little sister growing day by day.
Five years ago, I could never have dreamed we’d be blessed with so much. I thank God every day for these two wonderful daughters of mine and everything that has led us to this point. We know there are still big steps ahead on this journey of ours, but today I will focus on the joy, on the hope and on the miracles that have got us here. Today this miracle of mine is here – giving me hugs and kisses, grabbing my hand, filling my life with my sunshine and I am more grateful for that than I could ever say.
Things I have loved this week:
- Spending the day at Legoland with my gorgeous girls, Jessica’s best friend E and E’s dad.
- Going for a train ride at Ickenham Miniature Railway followed by meeting up with a friend for lunch.
- Seeing Jessica going to Girls’ Brigade in uniform for the first time and then taking part in her first church parade two days later.
- Spending an afternoon with my mum and my twin sister celebrating our birthday.
- Lots of lovely cards and presents for my birthday and going for a Chinese meal in the evening
- Reaching 5000 followers on Twitter
- Finding out that I’ve passed my second module on my HR course and getting good feedback on my assignment.