We’ve been staying with my twin sister this week and the girls have been having a wonderful time with their cousins. I love seeing the bond between our girls – despite the big age gap between my nieces and my girls, they are so close and have so much fun together. My nieces love to look after their little cousins and I have to admit, I enjoy being able to relax and have a bit of a break while they do so!
Things I have loved this week:
- A day out at Hughenden Manor hunting for dragons and watching Jessica having fun rolling down hills.
- A moment of looking at hubby while having a picnic in the sunshine with our girls and seeing the man I first fell in love with. So easy to take each other for granted sometimes and to forget the people we are underneath Mummy and Daddy.
- My photo of Jessica having fun playing with water being featured by Life with Baby Kicks in the #rememberingthesedays round-up.
- Catching Pokémon in the park with my sister while the kids were having fun playing in the playground with their cousins.
- Going for an early evening walk around the lake and feeding the ducks.
- Getting good feedback on my video assignment for my course.
- My letter to us on the day we became heart parents being published on The Mighty
- A day at the beach watching the girls having a wonderful time paddling in the sea, digging holes in the sand and demolishing sand castles as quickly as Mummy could build them!
- Jessica’s delight at being able to go down the big flume slide at the swimming pool for the first time – needless to say, she wanted to go down it again and again!
- Getting to catch up with my sisters and my mum.