Thomas has been a bit snuffly over the last few days. Hubby had a cold at the start of the week and seems to have shared it. Sophie and I have avoided it so far but it’s made Thomas a little more unsettled, particularly in the evenings. Thankfully hubby has been in the office this week and home for bedtime a few times. Having hubby around for bedtime is a fairly infrequent occurrence so I’ve been enjoying it while it lasts! He’s also been around in the mornings to help with the school run which has made things a little easier this week.
We had a bit of a scary moment on Saturday evening with Thomas. He’d been a bit unsettled so we gave him some Calpol. Unfortunately he inhaled the last few drops instead of swallowing them. He was only coughing and spluttering for a few seconds but it brought back some rather traumatic memories for us. I’ve been a bit scared about giving him Calpol since – thankfully he hasn’t needed it!
Things that have made me smile this week
- Watching Sophie having a wonderful time at her friend’s birthday party.
- Hubby taking the children downstairs on Sunday morning so I could sleep in.
- Thomas jumping up two centile lines at this week’s weigh-in. He is now on the 9th centile having been following the 1st up until now.
- Thomas breaking off mid-feed to give me the most gorgeous smile.
- Hubby buying me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I shared them with Jessica when I went to GreenAcres this week.
- Making a robot helmet with Sophie.
- Sophie bringing home her first reading book.
- Being sent a beautiful drawing of my girls by a friend.