Sophie is enjoying being back at school and it’s amazing how much more productive I’ve been now that I don’t have to supervise and help with remote learning! I’ve managed to catch up on various jobs I’ve been putting off and keep on top of other things as well as having more time to get outside with Thomas. I do miss having Sophie home, but I definitely haven’t missed all the extra juggling that came with remote learning.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 64 – I am grateful that school is out as far as remote learning is concerned!
- Day 65 – I am grateful that the toy mountain in the living room is back to more manageable proportions.
- Day 66 – I am grateful that we managed to stream the church service this morning even if it was a little late, having arrived to discover we only had two working sockets in the chapel and no lights due to a power cut affecting part of the building. Made me smile when the lights came back on midway through the final hymn!
- Day 67 – I am grateful for getting out for a walk with Thomas and knowing that our favourite spots weren’t going to be too busy.
- Day 68 – I am grateful that my flower delivery arrived first thing this morning so I was able to share them with Jessica.
- Day 69 – I am grateful for piriton and calamine lotion.
- Day 70 – I am grateful that my arm is much less red and itchy today.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie choosing ‘Jessica has a heart operation’ as her favourite book to share at her Girls’ Brigade Zoom session because “my mummy wrote it and it has my sister in it.”
- My husband having his Covid vaccination.
- An after-school walk in the woods.