This week feels very much like it has been overshadowed by the election of the US President. I woke at 2.30am on Wednesday morning, looked at my phone for the latest news – and never managed to go back to sleep. Just like Brexit all over again really – that horrible feeling of wondering where this is all going to go and fearing for the world in which my girls will be growing up. Two days on, having managed to have a decent night’s sleep since, I’m feeling a little more hopeful. I can’t change the world, I can’t change the big things that will happen – but I can change my response to the world and I can make a difference in my own little world. I can choose love and I can choose kindness – and I can make sure that my girls know that those are the things that really matter.
Things I have loved this week:
- Going shopping for ballet outfits for the girls.
- Seeing how much Sophie loved her first ballet class and Jessica’s excitement about having her first class later today.
- Hubby being home in time to help with bedtime (it doesn’t happen very often and it’s much appreciated when it does!)
- Watching hubby dancing with our girls whilst watching Strictly.
- Getting a glowing report about Jessica at our first parents’ evening – to be told that our little girl is happy and friendly, doesn’t let her heart condition hold her back and is doing very well with her reading and maths skills made me incredibly proud.
- Seeing how much Jessica is enjoying bringing books home from school and starting to be able to read some of the words herself.