We’ve been focusing on sorting out bedrooms this week with Thomas moving into his own room. He’s been very excited about having his own bedroom and absolutely loved his Numberblocks themed room. So far he’s also stayed in his own bed until morning which is great as he often tends to climb in with us sometime in the early hours.
It’s been a big change involving a lot of sorting out of things that had been previously stored in that room and sorting things out has been emotionally draining at times, especially when coming across Jessica’s things.
The hardest thing was having to dismantle Jessica’s bed in our bedroom to make room for the things we were moving out of Thomas’s room. We cried a lot before, during and after taking the bed apart. We knew it had to happen and that it didn’t take anything away from our memories of Jessica, but it still felt like we were erasing another part of her life from our house. Another reminder that time moves on, but there are no new memories of Jessica to be made. Jessica’s bed is now replaced with stacks of boxes, waiting for whatever pieces of furniture will provide the extra storage we need. I miss seeing her little bed there.
This weekend, we’re focusing on Sophie’s room. The plan is to dismantle Thomas’s toddler bed and put new furniture there. At the moment, Thomas’s old bed is providing a storage space for the soft toys that were on Sophie’s bed. Sophie was shocked by quite how many there were when they weren’t all squashed up into as small a space as possible. Last time I counted them, there were 68 and I think a few more have been added since then! We’ll be finding other spaces to store them in future though and limiting her to a maximum of 10 on her bed at any one time!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 307 – I am grateful that Sophie and Thomas enjoyed the Brigades’ fireworks evening.
- Day 308 – I am grateful that Thomas is so happy with his new bedroom.
- Day 309 – I am grateful that my lovely friend agreed to Sophie asking her to be her godmother as well as Thomas’s and spent time this morning going through the promises in the baptism service with Sophie and making them. She was already an honorary godmother to Sophie as part of Team Godparent but is now an official one 😊
- Day 310 – I am grateful for a 25m swimming award for Sophie.
- Day 311 – I am grateful that I managed to get the Christmas grocery delivery slot that I wanted.
- Day 312 – I am grateful that Thomas has settled well into his new bedroom.
- Day 313 – I am grateful for Numberblocks.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- A visit from the cousins who were over from Luxembourg for their half-term.
- Watching Thomas enjoying the bouncy castle at a classmate’s birthday party.
- A good report for Sophie at parents’ evening – she’s doing well overall and is happy and sociable which is good to hear.