It’s been one of those weeks when everything has just felt a bit tough and we’ve just been plodding through. I’m struggling with trying to get a decent amount of sleep which has made for low patience levels and a short fuse – not an ideal combination when dealing with toddler tantrums. There have been a lot of tears (from all of us – grief has been hitting hard again this week), lots of moments of getting frustrated (both me and Thomas!) and it’s not been the best of weeks. I suspect the weather hasn’t helped either. Never mind, just got to take a deep breath, try and get a few more early nights and fingers crossed next week will be a better one.
Of course there have been good moments in amongst the tough ones and things to smile about. One of the things I love about putting together my weekly focus is that even if my overall mood when looking over the week is low, actively looking for the happy moments always helps me to feel better.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Treating ourselves to a cake box and having afternoon tea in the garden.
- A walk around GreenAcres with Sophie and Thomas and being able to take a Pretty Jessica rose and a Sophy’s rose from the garden to Jessica.
- Watching Thomas getting engrossed in small world play.
- Making a family tree picture with Sophie for her home-learning.
- A dragonfly appearing in the garden while I was hanging out my washing.
- Having a (home) ‘school trip’ to Chiltern Open Air Museum.
- Having a lie-in and getting breakfast in bed (a very rare occurrence!).
- Sitting and working in the garden and listening to the rain whilst staying dry underneath the event shelter.
- Sophie getting a good school report (although it was very strange getting a report that only went up to mid-March!)