I’ve spent most of this week at home as Thomas has had three days off school due to being unwell. He’s had two bouts of sickness over the past week, both quite short-lived fortunately. We had one day back at school after being 48 hours clear from the first one and then the second bout which meant another couple of days’ off school. We’re now 48 hours clear from the second bout so it’s back to school today and hopefully we’ll manage to steer clear of any more bugs for a while!
It’s been a week of mostly trying to juggle everything on my own as my husband has been away for most of the week working. Thankfully he’s now back home again too.
With the weather being colder this week, it’s not been so bad staying home and not venturing out anywhere. We woke up to a bit of snow on Wednesday which Sophie was delighted about. One good thing about the snow is that the prospect of having time to play outside in the snow before going to school is a great incentive to get ready quickly! It didn’t last long and had mostly melted away by lunchtime so I’m glad Sophie did get some time to play in it before it disappeared.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 62 – I am grateful that Sophie wanted to be Jessica for World Book Day today and bring in the book I wrote to prepare Jessica for her last heart surgery. Such a special choice and felt quite emotional dropping ‘Jessica’ off at school this morning.
- Day 63 – I am grateful for a fabulous NODA report for ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ describing it as a “delightfully crazy show” with a “brilliant cast” and sharing glowing reviews of all the performances. Very happy to read the following about my own performance as Mrs Tottendale – that I “delightfully played this ditzy lady with a lovely vagueness, a ready smile and a sweet voice”. Always so lovely to get a good review. Well done everyone.
- Day 64 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed doing her first ballet exam today.
- Day 65 – I am grateful that Thomas was feeling better today having been sick yesterday and enjoyed doing a little home schooling with Mummy.
- Day 66 – I am grateful for snuggles with Sophie.
- Day 67 – I am grateful for snow and just enough time for Sophie to make a “snow Jessica” before school.
- Day 68 – I am grateful for my lovely mum. Wishing her a very happy birthday today. This is one of my favourite photos of her with me and my gorgeous girls.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Joining together with people from other local churches for the World Day of Prayer service and enjoying Taiwanese honey castella sponge cake and pineapple cake after the service.
- Sophie’s joy at getting to snuggle up to Mummy and sleep in my bed when Daddy was away working.