The big event of this week has been celebrating Thomas’s christening with our family and friends. It was a beautiful, albeit bittersweet, day. Thomas wore his grandad’s christening gown and his daddy’s christening shawl. He was full of smiles and enjoyed getting lots of cuddles with everyone. Sophie was a very proud big sister. Jessica would have been incredibly proud too.
This week has been a calmer week for me. Hubby is feeling better and my to-do list isn’t quite as crazy as it was last week. I’ll be back flying solo again next week though as hubby is away again though. At least this time I won’t be trying to organise two parties single-handedly!
Things that have made me smile this week
- Receiving my Britmums BiBs2018 award.
- A beautiful dream about Jessica. She was sitting on a hospital bed. I brushed her fringe out of her beautiful eyes and said, “I wish you were really here Jessica.” She smiled, looked confused and said, “But I am, Mummy.” She felt so very real in that moment and I can’t help but think she came to remind me that she is always here with me.
- Thomas wearing the octopus costume that I made for Jessica when she was a baby at the Halloween Tiny Talk class.
- Having my friend Gillian come to stay for a couple of days.
- Getting a glowing report about Sophie on parents’ evening.
- Thomas being very chatty.
- Going for a walk and finding a geocache that I’d been meaning to find for a while.
- Sophie’s excitement at watching fireworks from the bedroom window.
- My friend sending me a photo of her godson drawing a picture of Jessica as the person he wants to be remembered at their school remembrance service. Little reminders like this that Jessica is still very much remembered by those who knew her mean so much.