I’m tired and feeling somewhat jaded this week. It’s been one of those weeks where everything just feels a bit too much. Too many things to juggle; frustrations over things going a bit topsy-turvy. Add in several nights of bedtime battles, a wakeful toddler, and a nice dollop of grief insomnia and it’s no wonder I’ve lost my sparkle for the time being. I’m sure I’ll find it again though if I can just get a good night’s sleep!
We’ve been preparing to restart services in our church building. For the last six months, we’ve been streaming a Sunday service from home. Last weekend we streamed our service live from the building (without a congregation) as a test service before we welcome back a congregation this Sunday. They say a bad dress rehearsal means a good first night. Hopefully that’s the case with church services too! There were a few hiccups, most of which have now been resolved. Fingers crossed this Sunday will go more smoothly.
Of course, there have been little moments of sunshine breaking through the grey clouds this week too, and moments that have made me smile. I’m just tired and a bit low overall. It will pass – and in the meantime, a nice cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit or two help make everything feel a little better!
Things that have made me smile this week
- Watching a mummy mouse rescue her babies after hubby accidentally disturbed their nest while clearing an overgrown patch of the garden.
- Going for a lovely long walk with Sophie while Daddy and Thomas had a nap. Sophie surprised me with wanting to walk further than I thought she would. We thought Daddy would wonder where we’d gone but they were still asleep when we got back!
- A walk around Black Park with Thomas.
- Finding “fairy toadstools” in the woods.
- Sitting by the lake at Langley Park and having a “nic-nic” with Thomas.
- Watching Sophie and Thomas having fun together at the playground.
- Planting daffodils in the garden with Sophie.