Welcome back to Country Kids. I hope that you are all keeping well and safe. We’ve been enjoying getting out for autumn walks over the last couple of weeks. Suncream and sandals are now a distant memory, having been replaced by wellies and waterproofs. This week I’m sharing the last of our outdoor adventures where summer was still lingering on before finally giving way to autumn. If you’ve got any outdoor adventures – summer or autumn ones to share, please do link them up to Country Kids.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for five days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 10/10/20
We’ve been keen to avoid places that are likely to be busy while out and about. Bayhurst Wood was a lovely quiet spot for a sunny Sunday afternoon walk, making the most of the last of the warm weather.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenter is everyone! Everyone who linked up last time commented on all other posts in the linky. Thank you all for helping to keep Country Kids a supportive community.
Please note that I count comments on a Thursday afternoon and will occasionally tweet out a reminder about this. Please do make sure to come back and comment on posts before then so I can make sure I count yours!
I enjoyed reading the latest update from Coombe Mill sharing a couple of changes to activities, family fun on the farm and the arrival of some new baby guinea pigs.
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun in the garden on Instagram, you can join in with Fiona from Coombe Mill using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona shares her favourite posts each Friday. Here are her favourites from last week.
View this post on Instagram
With sunshine and downpours and social distancing outdoors you have all been making the most of the situation for the children with some wonderful outdoor family moments. #countrykidsfun featured images week 211 with thanks to @dear_mummy @stoppingattwo @kickin_up_dust_co and @blarneyheightsfarm Thank you for all the lovely tags. We have now passed 18,000 in the collection. That’s a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures with @littleheartsbiglove Have a lovely weekend and stay safe 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #happiness #countryside #outdoorclassroom #countryliving #adventureisouthere #autumncolours #cutekids #sunlight #happytimes #explorerkids #adventurecalling #adventuretime #sun #familyfun #childsplay #nature #outdoorplay #october2020
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.