Sophie has been busy practising for her Nativity play this week and is playing the part of the angel Gabriel. We went to see the first performance yesterday and were so proud of her. She had three lines to say and spoke them all loudly and clearly. She looked adorable in her costume and the collective “aah” whenever she stepped forward with a line made me smile.
After seeing Sophie playing an angel, I went to visit my other angel. I brought her the Christmas wreath that I made at a workshop last week (my first evening out on my own since Thomas’s arrival) as well as my usual flowers. Jessica played the part of an angel in her Reception nativity too. She would have been very proud of her little sister. Sophie even did a little bow at one point in exactly the same way as Jessica always used to do.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Going for a ride on the train at Ickenham Miniature Railway.
- Sophie singing with her classmates at the school Christmas Fayre.
- Catching up with my friend Gillian who was spending the weekend at a quilting retreat near us.
- A fun day out at Chessington World of Adventures for their ‘A Winter’s Tail’ festive event.
- Making paper chains with Sophie to decorate the dining room.
- Having space again in the front room after a big clear-out.
- Thomas laughing at me.
- Watching Thomas trying to roll and reach the toys on his mat.